The Benefits of GLCC Membership
• When you join the GLCC, you gain access to our authoritative cruising guides and reports about the five Great Lakes and their connecting waterways. They give detailed directions, descriptions, and recommendations for more than 1,200 harbors, anchorages, and routes. For some remote or wilderness locations, our reports are sometimes the only ones available. Sample outlines of cruises are also included. See an example of a report...
• We are able to provide our famous Harbor Reports and Log Book to our members, because the club was founded for the purpose of sharing cruising information. As a GLCC member, you are encouraged to post your own observations to the harbor reports. We also hope you’ll contribute news, photos, cruise plans, etc. on the GLCC web site, and participate in our often spirited discussions about cruising destinations and other topics of interest.
• You gain new friends while cruising. Wherever you find yourself on the Great Lakes, there is often a boat — power or sail — nearby that flies our distinctive five-link burgee. Introduce yourself as another GLCC member, and before you know it you will be deep in discussion about boating and distant ports. We are known to be a friendly bunch.
• You gain access to our Port Captains. Nearly 200 Great Lakes ports and anchorages have GLCC members who serve as Port Captains. They can provide help and information when you visit their areas. It could be for something relatively minor, such as a restaurant recommendation, or something far more serious, such as how to get medical help.
• Our members have been helping each other for more than 75 years. You benefit from a large and diverse membership on both sides of the international border. Our members are not only willing and able to share information about visiting distant cruising grounds, but many have expert knowledge about boats, navigation, weather, equipment, engines, sails, and general troubleshooting.
• Lifeline magazine, our Club’s quarterly publication, contains important event announcements, club news, features and other useful boating information to keep you connected with your GLCC community. It is available both digitally and as a published magazine. Click here for a sample of Lifeline.
• We have fun together. You can take part in a variety of events. The GLCC’s annual Rendezvous is legendary. We also have regional rallies, wilderness rallies, and flotilla cruises. There are social gatherings in both summer and winter. (Please see our events calendar). However, many GLCC events just happen, when several GLCC boats find themselves in the same anchorage.
• Learn more. Click to A Bit of History
• A slide presentation is also available for GLCC members to introduce the Great Lakes Cruising Club to yacht clubs and boating organizations. If your organization would be interested in inviting a GLCC member personally present it at one of your meetings, please contact the GLCC office at 810-984-4500. An annotated PDF version of the presentation for you to view at your own leisure can be seen by clicking here. We invite you to spend a few minutes to take a look.
Membership Application and Dues
The GLCC membership dues vary according to the option you select. To find out which one best fit your needs, please see the membership form.
You can fill out a membership form online by clicking here: Click to Join Now
Or you can download one and fill it out manually and send it to us by clicking here: Download Membership Form.
When you have filled it out, please send the form to:
Great Lakes Cruising Club
405 Water Street, Suite 101
Port Huron, MI 48060-5469
If you'd like more information about the GLCC or membership, just send us an email using our contact form. Or call our office at 810-984-4500. We will be happy to send you a free information package.
The GLCC has recently revised its definition of "membership." Read the new definition here...
For "loopers" or others coming from the Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico, here's a brief overview of our cruising areas. Members of the AGLCA should contact the GLCC office for membership information.