Today is October 29, 2020

Canadian Operator's License

dweller - March 17, 2010

As of last September, 2009, boat operators in Canada are required to have an "Operator Card," as evidence of knowledge of boat operation. As a reminder US cruisers staying more than 44 days in Canada will have to have the Canadian Card or a similar "license" from their home states. GLCC member Fred Bagley explains the details  here, with links to official web information...

Water Temps

dweller - June 17, 2009

 As you're getting ready for your cruise, you may want to check out Great Lakes water temperatures. Michigan's Sea Grant Coastwatch provides a good current view of surface temperatures. Click on the lake in this website...